Friday, February 13, 2015

Conceived By Hate Interview


1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band these days?
*** Well, I have been working on promotion for the new release internationally and also the last things with the factory for the pressing version I will put out on my label (MORBID SKULL RECORDS). There are also some local shows and we need to execute. We have been also composing material for the coming full length which I hope to have it ready in the coming months and release late this year. There are also plans for our first European tour for this year so I am working on that also to check out schedules and options.

2.In March you have a new split coming out, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?
*** In terms of composition I think these are quite versatile songs with the same death/thrash vibe we have composed in the past but maybe for in your face and not so complicated arranges as you can see in our first full length “Pestilence Reborn”. I changed a little bit the production in comparison with our last split with DECEASED, I tried to use more analog gear and less compression in order to get a more organic sound and I think it came out just great thanks to help from Benny. In terms of the lyrical concepts we keep the same overall vision.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?
*** On the last release the lyrics are related to 3 topics. First one on how there is and has been for years and ambitious industry of super soldiers sent to war trained to kill or be killed to pursue the interests of the high world hierarchy, how these people is brainwashed and willing to anything with no feelings at all. Second topic is related to Ego, I personally believe this should be as less as you can but some people usually think they are the center of universe and suddenly they got an accident or something and all goes downhill. Final topic I touch on “Coalition Of Death” split is related to anti-christian-religion beliefs, I think is a very straight forward lyrics we included this time.


4.Originally the band was known as 'Spiritual Demise' what was the cause of the name change and also the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'Conceived By Hate'?
*** Yes, that was the name I had originally for this band but unfortunately was changed due to differences in beliefs with some other members so I accepted the change. Concept behind “Conceived By Hate” was that at least for me most of the inspiration of the songs and lyrics where originated from hatred and the aggression it could provoke to certain things or people and when I say aggression means all kind of it not just physical violence. We are currently six members with different ways of life and thinking but I write most of the lyrics and music so maybe I liked the name because it matches with the origin of must of my compositions but I honestly loved more “Spiritual Demise”.


5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?
*** All the shows we had played were locally and there is no one I could mentioned. Regarding our stage performance I can say for me is like a trance, energetic and a way to evoke the energy bounded by the normal way of life.

6.Do you have any touring or show plans for the future?
*** There are some local shows and yes, we are planning and evaluation the options for touring for the first time Europe, I think for me this is very necessary in order to get more exposure in countries were metal is better valued.

7.Over the years you have been a part of 3 splits, can you tell us the decision behind doing all of these splits?
*** I wanted to get more exposure internationally by doing these splits because we have done them with very respectable bands and good friends. It would had been easy for us to put out a second full length right after “Pestilence Reborn” but I also felt that not all of the songs had the same vibe to be part of the same album so that is why splits were a good idea for me.

8.The new album is going to be released on Morbid Skull Records, can you tell us a little bit more about this label?
*** At least so far the third split “Coalition Of Death” will be out on MSR, there will be another version edited in Colombia also with a different layout so the collectors can purchase both ones and not get bored with the same booklet. Regarding the coming releases if there are no other options then I will release them under my label without a doubt. I started my own label to be able to press in a more professional way the releases of my bands on which I am involved so far (DISORDER – MORBID STENCH) so that way I could had all the control, it is not easy because of the distribution and demands a lot of time but its the way it is and I face it. Of course it would be interesting to get other options to be able to distribute my music with bigger labels but if those options are not available I will continue doing it on my own. I pressed most of the things in United States or Germany and import the stuff to El Salvador then distribute all from here.

9.On the new split you did a cover of Dissection's "Thorns Of The Crimson Death", what was the decision behind doing your own version of this song?
*** I had always been attracted by the esoteric universe since I remember, obviously when I was young there were no Internet and getting this type of information or books was not easy, this is a reason why I had always felt linked to this band, because of what was behind the music as well as for other bands alike. On the other hand musically I got hooked by those albums in the 90s. So the intention of doing this cover as other we have done and will make is to pay tribute to those artists with whom I or we feel personally identified.

10.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death and thrash metal?
*** In the last 2 years it has been growing slowly but it is happening, I get more orders, messages or comments from people mainly from in Europe so I think we are beginning to get more exposure. It is very hard to put out releases in a country like El Salvador when resources are limited and there is very few local honest support for bands so there is almost few chances to get the music properly distributed worldwide and be able to show our art. I think the style we have evolved in the last years had a better feedback, the most important for me is to be honest on the music and on the intentions with it, if there is good or bad feedback there is nothing I can do to control it but of course it feels good when someone thousand kilometers from El Salvador takes the time to send a message on support of the band or wants to purchase merchandise, that is very appreciated because it is something I am used not to expect.

11.What is going on with some of the other musical projects or bands these days that some of the band members are a part off?
*** Currently I have 2 more bands on which I am putting efforts, one is my first band founded on early 90s called DISORDER (Thrash/Black) but then put to freeze back in 2002 and revived in 2011 as a solo project and just including Hellbastard in the vocals. With this band I just put out the second Full Length called “En El Rio Del Olvido” available on Morbid Skull Records and currently recording the songs for the coming release. On the other hand another band formed last year was MORBID STENCH which involves CbyH drummer Iosif Najarro (ANTARES DEATH, etc.) and vocalist The Master Butcher from Costa Rica (INSEPULTO, NECROGOD, etc.), we are planning to put out a release this year hopefully. On my part these are the projects on which I am working deeply now days.

12.When can we expect another full length and also where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?
*** I am currently working on this, already in composing mode since last year but after “Coalition Of Death” is released I will concentrate on setting up the tracks, as said before I hope to get this full length ready this year but will see, I do not want to rush it. Musically I think will be more in the vein of songs like “Selective Procreations” or “Skull Crush Brigade” and lyrically still deciding the topics.

13.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?
*** Main influence on way to compose music or lyrics I think is unconscious in a way since it is not my intention to copy one or any bands in particular but I think main influences will always be bands like DECEASED and DISSECTION, also Fenriz has an interesting way of lyrics in the early works. On the other hand I do try to follow new bands that have that old sound like Vampire, Miasmal, Morbus Chron, etc. Lately I have been listening a lot to Horrendous, Natur, Bölzer, Jess and the Ancient Ones, Soulburn, etc.

14.How would you describe the metal scene in your home country of El Salvador?
*** This is a not pleasant question, in my humble way of see it I think there is a lot more bands and metalheads in the air but very few really Metal, with Internet it is easier for people to access more information and that has produced younger bands better skilled but inconsistent, also I think there is a lack of passion and also a lack of real supporters, of course they are and are very appreciate and valued but not enough to push motivation on bands to keep creating music and releasing it by their own facilities. Also not all people see making music so serious I think, maybe just as a hobby. I can only tell you what I have seen but not necessarily is the reality so this is just a point of view.

15.What are some of your non musical interests?
*** I like to collect items related to esoteric believes but unfortunately most of the real ones are very expensive so it takes time.

16.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?
*** Thanks a lot for your questions. Will governed!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Morbid-Skull-Records-Distro/339635656052678

https://www.facebook.com/morbidskullrecords

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AKHERON/219232631435984

www.facebook.com/conceivedbyhate

www.conceivedbyhate.bandcamp.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment