Wednesday, October 15, 2014

UnKured Interview

1.Can you give us an update on what has been going on with the band since the recording and release of the new album?

Well we haven't released the album yet. Were coming together again and writing for the next release just trying to get a feel for what we want it to sound like.

2.You have a new album coming out in November, how would you describe the musical sound that is presented on the recording and also how does it differ from the stuff you have released in the past?

. I would describe it as something completely new. Its been called death thrash but I never considered it to be that I think its melodic progressive and its also got some black metal parts to it. Death and thrash are in there as well but I think its a bit more than that. When I think death thrash I think demolition hammer I don't see melodies in there at all haha.

3.What are some of the lyrical topics and subjects the band explores with the newer music?

 Environmental issues sci-fi stuff. I'd definitely say its relevant seeing as how much we have put our globe through in the last 100 years.


4.What is the meaning and inspiration behind the name 'UnKured'?

Cody got that from Mass Hypnosis, he thought it sounded cool and he felt he could relate to it at the time.

5.What are some of the best shows that the band has played over the years and also how would you describe your stage performance?

I think when we played with D.R.I. in Cleveland was probably the best show we've ever played. great crowd. and personally one of the best nights of my entire life. We do have a very thrash like stage presence. I try to headbang pretty consistently throughout the show.

6.Do you have any touring or show plans once the new album is released?


Not just yet we are going to tour but we need to get financially ready since this album cost us quite a bit.

7.Currently you are unsigned, are you looking for a label or have received any interest?


We are looking for a label or at the least distro. We had a couple of small labels that didn't seem very legitimate that we turned down.

8.On a worldwide level how has the feedback been to your music by fans of death and thrash metal?

We haven't gotten to much feedback yet but what we have gotten has been incredible. And I couldn't have really asked for a better reaction so far.

9.Are any of the band members involved with any other musical projects these days?

Me and Adam are starting a project write now in the vein of Type O Negative Woods of Ypres and Alice in Chains. It doesn't have a name yet but it should be interesting.

10.Where do you see the band heading into musically during the future?

Honestly I don't know. We could take mutated earth and really expand on it or we could go with a totally new writing process and have something completely different. not like doom or something like that of course just a different sounding record.

11.What are some of the bands or musical styles that have had an influence on your newer music and also what are you listening to nowadays?

Well were influenced by all true forms of metal. Unkured is a mixture of all the best in metal. I bounce between Pearl Jam ,Vader, Woods of Ypres and Disma lately. I like to keep my music diverse just keeps everything fresh.

12.What are some of your non musical interests?

 I recently started taking weapons training and some other martial arts courses, I also like to work out every other day. I feel so much better afterwards


13.Before we wrap up this interview, do you have any final words or thoughts?

Support good new bands. There are so many good newer bands out there you just have to look for. Bands like our friends Gomorrah, Valdrin, Verment, and Dismemberment are all great bands to start with as far as young bands go.

No comments:

Post a Comment